Stanley House: Estes Park home of Stanley Hotel namesake yours for $2.4 million (PHOTOS)
Last week, we took you on a photo tour of actor Kelsey Grammer's ski home, on sale for just $7.9 million. By that standard, Estes Park's Stanley House -- built in 1904 by automaker F.O. Stanley, who built The Shining-inspiring Stanley Hotel five years later -- is a genuine bargain. A mere $2.4 million and it can be yours. Check out a great story in the Loveland Reporter-Herald about the residence's current owners, and look below for all the details, including a photo tour.
Here are the property details from the Realtor.com listing:
On the market for the first time in 32 years Rockside home of F. O. Stanley. The home and hotel came from the same drawing board. Restored to its former grandeur with sensitivity and love. Many original pieces of furniture, original hardwood floors. Spectacular views, billiard room with Stanley's pool table, elevator, gorgeous staircase, carriage house now guest house. Property has 2 extra parcels both with water and sewer which could be sold separately.
Beds: 4 bed
Baths: 4 bath
House Size: 5240 sq ft.
Lot Size: 4.00 Acres
* Status: Active
* County: Larimer
* Area: Estes Park
* Subdivision: /240573-S24 T05 R73
* Approximately 4 acre(s)
* 2 total full bath(s)
* 1 total three-quarter bath
* 1 total half bath
* Hill/mountain view
* Master Bedroom is 16x13
* Living room is 28x15
* Dining room is 19x15
* Kitchen is 17x16
* 2 fireplaces
* 4 car garage(s)
* View: Back Range/Snow Capped View
* Lot features: Evergreen Trees, House Faces South, Level Lot, Native Grass, Rock Out-Croppings, Rolling Lot, Within City Limits, Wooded Lot
* Lot size is between 2 and 5 acres
* Utilities present: City Sewer, City Water, Electric, Natural Gas
* School District: Estes Park District
* Elementary School: Estes Park
* Middle School: Estes Park
* High School: Estes Park
* Dining room
* Handicap features
* Parking features: Detached
As for those photos, including shots of the view from the home, page through them below:
More from our News archive: "JonBenét Ramsey house for sale: Owner talks about finding light in darkness (PHOTOS)."
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.