10)Chihuly by daylight Denver Botanic Gardens, 1007 York Street The Chihuly exhibit runs through the end of November, but catching this fantastic glass art show in the Denver Botanic Gardens during the day as the leaves and colors begin to change is worth a warm day trip now. Marvel at the hundreds of glass pieces in a rainbow of hues while taking in the seasonal foliage before Colorado enters full-on into fall. (Also be sure to check out Chihuly Nights beginning in October for a different view of the artist's work under the night sky.)
9) Urban Market Skyline Park Browse a sampling of local wares at this open-air market right in the middle of the city. Local crafters, antique dealers, holistic healers, artists and designers hawk their creations, products and services at this one-stop shop for all things Colorado-made.8) Dinosaur Discovery Days Dinosaur Ridge, Alameda Parkway and Rooney Road, Morrison This free monthly outdoor event goes on now through October, inviting kids and adults alike out to the Ridge to hike around and learn about dinosaurs. Along with the hiking trail, visitors can pan for gold, paint fossils and enjoy puppet shows and educational lectures. 7) Lakeside Amusement Park 4601 Sheridan Boulevard, Lakeside Get one last go-round on the Tilt-A-Whirl or bid the Cyclone Coaster a final 2014 farewell ride this weekend as Lakeside Amusement Park closes down its 106th year as one of Colorado's coolest attractions. Just three bucks gets you in the gate and you can wander the park's gorgeous grounds and soak in all the architecture and twinkling lights, or throw down a couple of bucks and ride the spot's fun (and sometimes scary) attractions.
6) Broomfield Farmer's Market Holy Comforter Church 1700 West 10th Avenue, Broomfield There are just a few more opportunities to advantage of the fresh fall produce at the Broomfield Farmer's Market, which has been selling locally grown fruits, vegetables and more all summer long. With apples, peppers and plenty of root vegetables now in season, this outdoor market has plenty to offer novice and expert chefs.
5) Eagle Bahn Gondola & Adventure Ridge Vail Open weekends now through the first week of October, the Eagle Bahn Gondola is an end-of-summer must to get one of the best views of the mountains. Once up on the mountain, kids and adults can enjoy an array of activities, including the all-new Adventure Ridge, which offers a 1,200 foot zip-line, miniature golf, a climbing wall and more.
4) One last Red Rocks workout Run the Rocks, Red Rocks, 18300 West Alameda Parkway, Morrison Working out goes on outside year-round in Colorado, but getting your heart rate up on the stairs at Red Rocks is something every fitness junkie has to try at least once. Even if you've made it to Morrison for the yoga or boot-camp classes over the summer, the Run the Rocks 5K on October 12 is a great way to cap off a healthy season for a good cause, as this event benefits the American Lung Association of Colorado.3) See a show at Red Rocks Amphitheatre 18300 West Alameda Parkway, Morrison Working out at Red Rocks is great, but seeing a show at the famed ampitheatre is what a Colorado summer is all about. Even as the weather gets cooler, this open-air dream venue heats up under the stars when it's packed with thousands of people. With Jason Aldean, Lotus, Tom Petty and more slated for fall appearances, there are musical options for everyone. It's not a summer in Colorado without seeing a show at one of the world's most renowned outdoor venues.
2) Denver Bike Nights All over Denver Now in its tenth year, the Denver Cruiser Ride has been throwing its wacky weekly themed city rides every Wednesday through the summer season. With just two more chances to take part in the massive masquerade ride -- the last event is September 24 -- now is the time to pull out your best bike-friendly costume and join the crowd.1) Civic Center Eats Civic Center Park Our restaurant scene is booming, and Civic Center Eats has become a one-stop tasting ground for those looking to sample new flavors and old favorites. Tacos, coffee, ice cream, hot dogs, cupcakes and many more menu options await you at this lunchtime gathering of some of Colorado's best local eateries on wheels. Take advantage of this city-centered outdoor food court while you can as the twice-weekly (Tuesday and Thursday) event wraps up in October.
Be my voyeur (or better yet, let me stalk you) on Twitter: @cocodavies