Since opening in May 2013, Cold Crush has been place where artists could express themselves without restraint. Art was an integral part of the bar at 2700 Larimer Street, from the performers inside to the exterior of the building, including the south-facing facade that became a street-art canvas known as the Phoenix Wall, which was regularly repainted.
In the meantime, here are twelve awesome examples of the outdoor art work that has graced Cold Crush's walls over the past three years.
1. Patrick Kane McGregor's "Lion," July 2015. 2. Scot Lefavor, June 2013.
3. Joshua Mays, Colorado Crush, September 2016 4. Jher, September 2014
5. Faatma Norouzizadeh and Alicia Cardenas, April 2016
6. Scot Lefavor's "Good Cop Versus Bad Cop," June 2016
Keep reading for six more awesome works of art at Cold Crush.
7. Michael Ortiz and Jonathan Lamb, aka Like Minded Art, "One Love," July 2015
8. Taste Burns, Colorado Crush, September 2016 9. Scot Lefavor, Colorado Crush, September 2016
10. Don't Fret Art, July 2014
11. Delton Demarest and Patrick McGregor, July 2014
12. Gamma, April 2015
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.