How does a humble hot dog cart rise to the status of one of Denver’s top dogs in the restaurant business? Chalk it up to the creative and obsessive mind of Jim Pittenger, who started out with Coca-Cola-braised onions and cream cheese as a topping combo that elevated his wieners above the competition. Wild-game and specialty sausages have drawn food celebrities including Anthony Bourdain, Ludo Lefebvre and Andrew Zimmern, as well as long lines of tube-steak tourists and frankfurter fanatics.
- Price: $
- Hours: Daily 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
(Takeout hours end at 9 p.m.)
- Outdoor seating: Sidewalk tables
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Parking: Lot available, Metered
- Extra Services: Catering, Private-group dining
- Curbside pickup
- Use restaurant website to order/pay