Perhaps you've heard about the years-long political struggle to get the City of Boulder to accept the Dushanbe Teahouse after it had already been sent there in boxes -- eight years during which the mayor of Dushanbe died without seeing his dream of an exchange fulfilled. Perhaps you know that over the years, the food at Dushanbe has been variable -- sometimes terrific, sometimes so-so. But you absolutely can't argue with the amazing list of teas it serves, teas with names like White Jasmine Moon and Paradise Green, good-for-you teas like Tender Tummy and Feel Better Brew, concoctions that your waitperson will serve with such warmhearted concern that you know she deeply and personally cares about your well-being. Sit on the patio, listen to the snowmelt-swollen creek rush by, sip and meditate on international understanding.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Tuesday-Friday 11 a.m.-9 p.m.; Saturday & Sunday 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: On-street
- Extra Services: Catering, Private-group dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Gift cards for purchase
- Grocery & retail items for sale
- Use restaurant website to order/pay