Comal is a restaurant on a quest: The RiNo lunch spot opened in late 2016 with the goal of training low-income women (many from Mexico, El Salvador, Syria, Ethiopia and Iraq) in restaurant and business skills. Catch the distinct, regional Mexican cooking for lunch Monday through Thursday and then return on Friday for Syrian cuisine. It’s the best thing you can do to lift your spirits — and fill your belly.
Syrian food is served on Fridays at Comal.
- Price: $
- Hours: Tuesday-Friday 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: No alcohol
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Parking: Lot available, On-street
- Extra Services: Catering
- Use restaurant website to order/pay