In 2016, CoraFaye's Cafe up and moved to new digs in Aurora, but the long-time favorite remains homey and welcoming, and the family-run eatery promises the comforts of "home cook'n" and "soul food" -- code for "comfort food" long before the term was co-opted by restaurants serving up frozen chicken-fried steaks and mashed potatoes out of a box. Here, comfort food has a definite Southern twist — oxtails, collard greens, frog's legs, cornbread and lush, pink red velvet cake — with many of the recipes for this good grub handed down through generations.
Catfish at CoraFaye's on East Colfax Avenue.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 11 a.m.-7:30 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Alcohol: No alcohol
- Parking: Lot available, On-street
- Extra Services: Catering, Private-group dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Meal kits for home preparation
- Order/delivery via DoorDash
- Order/delivery via Grubhub
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats