Capitol Hill didn’t seem to be crying out for another bar when Jake Soffes opened Hudson Hill in 2016, but the neighborhood quickly welcomed a new kind of cool. Hudson Hill breaks the mold of dark and divey with blond woods, warm lighting and gleaming tile. The soft crackle of a record needle on vinyl adds to the atmosphere, and the drinks are beyond reproach, proving that PBRs and Fernet shots aren’t the only way to draw a Cap Hill crowd.
- Price: $$, $$$
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-10:30 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 8 a.m.-12 a.m.; Sunday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air tent
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Parking: Metered, On-street
- Use restaurant website to order/pay