After over four decades in the same location, the Nuñez family — first Nabor and Norma, then son Alfonso — still make some of the tastiest Mexican home cooking in town, including fresh handmade tortillas. Settle into one of the restaurant's turquoise booths and try the green chile, spicy and addictive, which contains all fresh ingredients, or the beef tacos, which come loaded with lean, shredded beef. Savor it all while sipping one of the bar's 100-plus tequilas.
Courtesy La Cueva Colfax Facebook
- Price: $
- Hours: Monday-Friday 11 a.m.-3 p.m.; 5-8 p.m.; Saturday 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Lot available, On-street
- Extra Services: Private-group dining
- Alcoholic beverages to go
- Curbside pickup
- Gift cards for purchase
- Use restaurant website to order/pay
- Order/delivery via DoorDash
- Order/delivery via Grubhub
- Order/delivery via Postmates
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats