Some restaurant locations seem cursed, but Spicy Basil seems to have broken the jinx at 1 Broadway. This fast Thai/Chinese spot has settled into a steady, confident track. The kitchen produces all the standards of urban Amerasian cuisine and occasionally reaches excellence with such marvels as the Panang curry and the shu mai dumplings — shrimp and pork-stuffed dumplings wrapped in the house's own dough.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 11 a.m.-10 p.m.; Friday 11 a.m.-11 p.m.; Saturday 12-11 p.m.; Sunday 12-9:30 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Sidewalk tables
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Parking: Metered, On-street
- Alcoholic beverages to go
- Use restaurant website to order/pay