Monolith Festival, owners of perhaps the most aflame lineup of bands in 2008, starts Saturday at Red Rocks, and Backbeat will cover it end to end – with reviews, photos, and all the beer-fueled musings fit to print. Check back here on Saturday and Sunday for live blogs, and westword.com/slideshow on Monday for a visual recap. Don't betray your wanting eyes, people: Bookmark that shit.
In the meantime, Music Editor Dave Herrera, whose head has exploded with excitement four times this afternoon alone, checks in with eight acts you won't want to miss, which pair nicely with the 1,476 or so other acts you probably don't want to miss.
1. Devotchka – Saturday, 10:30, Main Stage
2. TV On the Radio – Sunday, 8:45, Main Stage
3. Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings – Sunday, 5:45, Main Stage
4. Band of Horses – Sunday, 7:15 p.m., Main Stage
5. Akron/Family – Sunday, 8 p.m., New Belgium Stage
6. The Giraffes – Sunday, 9:10 p.m., Gigbot Stage
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Westword's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Denver's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
7. Holy Fuck – Saturday, 5 p.m., New Belgium Stage
8. Blitzen Trapper – Saturday, 3:50 p.m., Gigbot Stage