1. The PetroSun Independence Bowl - in which our own Colorado Buffalos lost to Alabama, 30-24 - was previously sponsored by what company? a. Aramark b. Visa c. Poulan Weed-Eater d. Chevron 2. Roady’s Truck Stops was the proud sponsor of which one of these bowl games? a. New Mexico Bowl b. Motor City Bowl c. Texas Bowl d. Humanitarian Bowl
3. Which of the following companies cleverly added a “.com” suffix to the end of their bowl game? a. Papa Johns b. Champs Sports c. Chick-fil-A d. Capital One
4. True or False: The Alamo Bowl - in which Penn State defeated Texas A&M during legendary coach Joe Paterno’s 500th career game - is named after Alamo rental cars?
5. Which of the following automotive companies did not sponsor a bowl game? a. Autozone b. Mienke c. R+L Carriers d. Pep Boys
6. All of the following financial companies sponsored a bowl game, except: a. Citi b. Pacific Life c. John Hancock d. San Diego County Credit Union
7. The Fiesta Bowl is sponsored by what brand of chips? a. Fritos b. Tostitos c. Doritos d. Pringles
8. One of the most thrilling games of the bowl season, the Konica Minolta Gator Bowl, featured what two teams? a. Tennessee and Wisconsin b. Texas Tech and Virginia c. Texas and Arizona State d. Bowling Green and Tulsa
9.The Champs Sports Bowl has gone by all of the following names except: a. McDonald’s Bowl b. MicronPC.com Bowl c. Blockbuster Bowl d. Carquest Bowl
10. The 2007-2008 college bowl season totally sucked because: a. Corporate partnerships took precedent over the games themselves. b. Waiting well over a month for the National Championship crushes momentum and makes the game feel anticlimactic. c. The top six teams in the final AP Poll all had two losses, raising questions about the legitimacy of LSU’s national title. d. All of the above. e. None of the above.