Recent news indicates pot smokers have plenty to celebrate — and a few things to worry about. From the DEA's recent reclassification of CBD to a tasty cannabis-infused granola bar recipe, here are ten stories we've recently written about marijuana.
1. CBD and Other Marijuana Extracts Illegal Under New DEA Code
2. Denver Law Firm Considering Lawsuit Over DEA's New CBD Classification
3. Chauncey Billups: Some Teammates Played Better After Smoking Pot
4. Colorado Gives Another $2.35 Million to Marijuana Research Studies
5. Emma Levy Serves Up Her Recipe for Tart Cherry Dark Chocolate Granola Bars
6. Colorado's Andrew Freedman on Social Use and States Gearing Up for Recreational Pot
7. Denver Health Doctors Warn About Cannabis Disease in Missoulian Article
8. The Ten Best Winter-Themed Edibles in Colorado
9. Pot Biz Leader: "Cautious Optimism and Fear" About Marijuana Under Trump
10. Denver's Initiative 300 Allows Social Use, But Implementation Still Months Away
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.