Update, 2:14 p.m., October 29: There are already a slew of videos online showing the terrifying progress of the Dome fire near Boulder, which has reportedly scorched at 134 acres at this writing. Check out several of the latest:
Update, 1:01 p.m. October 29: Even more closures in Boulder due to the Dome fire. Here are the latest:
City of Boulder release:
Additional City of Boulder closures related to Dome Fire
The following additional city facilities or programs are closing due to the Dome Fire burning west of Boulder and related power outages:
• West Senior Center at 909 Arapahoe Ave.
• Children, Youth, and Families at 2610 Spruce St.
• Carnegie Branch Library at 1125 Pine St.
• Iris Center and studio at 3198 Broadway
• Salberg Center at 19th and Elder
South Boulder Recreation Center and East Boulder Community Center are both open and programming continues as scheduled.
Residents are encouraged to monitor Boulder County Emergency Management website at www.boulderoem.com/emergency-status for further information and evacuation updates.
Update, 12:46 p.m. October 29: More closures due to the Dome fire, including the Boulder Public Library. Here's the latest list in a City of Boulder release:
City of Boulder closures related to Dome Fire
The following city facilities or programs are closing or being cancelled due to the Dome Fire burning west of Boulder:
• Boulder Public Library Main Branch will close at 1:30 p.m. today due to anticipated power outages. All other branches will remain open.
• All regularly scheduled and daily drop-in youth and adult classes at the North Boulder Recreation Center have been cancelled due to health concerns about the smoke. The recreation center will be open for walk-in fitness and swimming until further notice.
• All downtown city offices closed at 12:30 p.m. today due to anticipated rolling power outages.
• Municipal Court in the Boulder County Justice Center at 6th Street and Canyon Blvd. has closed.
The power outages are due to Xcel Energy's work to de-energize power lines in the burn area for safety reasons and to assist fire crews conducting back burn operations.
Residents are encouraged to monitor the Boulder County Emergency Management website at www.boulderoem.com/emergency-status for further information and evacuation updates.
Update, 12:09 p.m. October 29: The Dome fire's impact is already far-reaching. The City of Boulder has just announced that the municipal court has evacuated the Justice Center at 6th and Canyon due to the blaze. Anticipated reopening: Monday at 8 a.m. More below.