Earlier in the week, we brought you news of the University of Colorado's fall in the pot rankings. But why stop there? The Princeton Review ranks, logically or not , all manner of things: class discussions, race relations, general excellence and, yes, Birkenstock frequency. But what about the more... flavorful rankings?
Four of Colorado's institutes of higher learning appear on the Best Western Colleges list, which means they are somewhere in the top 25 percent of the overall rankings. Whoopie. But which school belongs with which statistic? To find out, take the quiz below.
The four schools in question:
1. University of Colorado 2. Colorado State 3. Colorado College 4. University of Denver
And here's a list, in no particular order, of rankings given to one of the schools.
A. #5 in Top 10 Best Value Public Colleges B. #14 in Financial Aid Not So Great C. #20 in Most Popular Study Abroad Program D. #13 in Lots of Hard Liquor E. #19 in Class Discussions Encouraged F. #16 in Great College Towns G. #14 in Little Race/Class Interaction H. # 20 in Birkenstock-Wearing, Tree-Hugging, Clove-Smoking Vegetarians I. #18 in Class Discussions Rare
So the challenge is to match schools to rankings. Answers are on the next page.
1. University of Colorado A. #5 in Top 10 Best Value Public Colleges D. #13 in Lots of Hard Liquor F. #16 in Great College Towns
2. Colorado State B. #14 in Financial Aid Not So Great I. #18 in Class Discussions Rare
3. Colorado College H. # 20 in Birkenstock-Wearing, Tree-Hugging, Clove-Smoking Vegetarians C. #20 in Most Popular Study Abroad Program E. #19 in Class Discussions Encouraged
4. University of Denver G. #14 in Little Race/Class Interaction
Remember, these rankings are all unassailable fact!
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.