Much as it was when we first created this list, rent is too damn high in Denver. Median rent is a whopping $2,200, up significantly even from last December, when prices were at $1,950. While more rentals have come online and experts predict a slight cooling in Denver's magma-hot housing market, the upward trajectory in prices will undoubtedly continue.
As it did in our last list's examples, $1,000 will still put a roof over your head in the Denver metro area.
But you'll still have to sacrifice amenities and space.
Here is what $1,000 a month will nab you.
10. This 455-square-foot newly renovated studio has air conditioning, a dishwasher, large closets, “wood-style” flooring, and is a one-minute walk to the University of Denver.
9. Offering nearly 200 more square feet, this one-bedroom apartment in Littleton has a swimming pool, a patio, hardwood in the master bedroom and a park a block away.
8. This half of a duplex offers even more square footage – 1,045 — and a whole two bedrooms, an unfinished basement and a fenced backyard.
7. Built in 1894, this Capitol Hill one-bedroom is getting a “facelift,” which entails a fresh paint job and new flooring. That's on top of a shared back yard and a walk-in closet.
6. A block away from Washington Park, this one-bedroom, 1,150-square-foot apartment is in the lower level of a duplex.
Continue to see five more Denver apartments available for $1,000.
5. Speaking of Washington Park, stay above ground in this two-bedroom, two-and-a-half-bath townhome. The only downside: You can only get one of the bedrooms and bathrooms in the home for $1,000.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Westword's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Denver's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
4. At the $1,000 price point, garden-level studios abound. This 700-square-foot Highland option boasts a decent amount of space but can't fit standard furniture “due to entry dimensions.”
Marijuana Deals Near You
3. This 900-square-foot one-bedroom, one-bathroom garden-level apartment in West Washington Park has parking and the good fortune of being near South Broadway's lively food and bar scene.
2. A rarity, this one-bedroom, one-bathroom 800-square-foot (!) apartment in Capitol Hill has a decorative fireplace, large windows and an updated bathroom.
1. Small but cute, this 460-square-foot studio has plenty of exposed brick and a pool.