Although the Colorado Stands With Planned Parenthood rally at Skyline Park today, February 11, was dead-ass serious, attendees didn't fail to come up with some funny and poignant signs. The rally drew a proud feminist crowd of both men and women, young and old, to Senator Cory Gardner's office in downtown Denver to demand that the Republican senator not support any attempts in Congress to de-fund the health-services provider.
The rally was smaller than the Women's March, but its call for equality and accountability in our local government was powerful.
Here are ten hilarious signs we saw at the Stand with Planned Parenthood rally in Denver.
1. Pro Pap Smear
2. Keep your laws outta my drawers!
3. I know, I know, I'm standing up for myself. I am such a bitch.
4. Umm...what decade is this?
5. I've got one egg left. And she's pissed.
6. I can't believe we have to protest this shit in 2017.
7. I'm not paid to be here.
8. Paws off our pussies.
9. Don't Tread on Me.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Westword's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Denver's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
10. My arm is tired from carrying this sign since the 1970s.