The day is finally here: After thirteen months of remodeling and repairs that followed storm damage last spring, Don and Dora D'Andrea are welcoming guests back to their Littleton Taco House at 1390 West Littleton Boulevard. The doors opened at 11 a.m. for lunch today, and the restaurant's new hours will be from 11 a.m. until 8 p.m. daily (8:30 p.m. for the drive-though and 4 p.m. on Sundays).
Taco House first came to Littleton in the 1960s, taking over a building that had gotten its start as a burger joint in 1961. Dora has worked for Taco House on and off since 1966; she and Don purchased the south suburban outpost nine years ago.
Don notes that the kitchen is actually a little smaller after the remodel, with fewer electrical outlets, so breakfast burrito service, which originally began at 9 a.m., won't be available until an electrician installs more outlets (which should be this week) and additional equipment can be added.
The dining room has all-new drywall and a polished concrete floor (instead of carpeting, which had to be replaced regularly) and the exterior sports a bright yellow coat of paint. The D'Andreas are expecting sign-makers to put up grand-opening banners as soon as the rain stops, so head to Littleton to help welcome back a piece of history serving cheap, honest food from a bygone era.