We hate to see summer go, but September has plenty of fashion events to help make the transition easier -- at least for your wardrobe. From a night of boutique shopping in LoHi to the annual Cherry Creek Celebrate Fashion Show, here are ten events that will kick off the fall fashion season. See also:Tricia Hoke on The Cotery and Bringing Out Your Inner Designer
SHOP LoHi LoHi Merchants Friday, September 5 5 to 9 p.m. 1671 Central Street
For a fantastic evening of shopping try the independent LoHi shops and boutiques. SHOP LoHi is part of a monthly event that features a different group of merchants located in the LoHi Neighborhood. Enjoy special, one-night-only promotions at each of these retailers: Anna Be, BOARDLife, Goldyn, Inspyre, Jewelius, Jin ji Cycles, Lulu's Furniture & Décor, Rags Consignments, Ratio Clothing, Reverie Living, Sol Shine.
John Varvatos Pop-Up Shop Goldyn Saturday, September 6 Noon to 8 p.m. 2040 West 30th Avenue
Uniting old world craftsmanship and his love of music and fashion, John Varvatos menswear designs will be available exclusively at Goldyn. There will be a special cocktail reception from 6 p.m, to 8 p.m. RSVP to Courtney@shopgoldyn.com
3) 303 Magazine Finale Pool Party Sunday, September 7, 2014 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Breakers Resort 9099 East Mississippi Avenue
303 Magazine is hosting a final pool party on Sunday, September 7, that will double as a pre-party for the first home game of the season for the Denver Broncos. The theme is blue and orange; tickets are $18 to $25. Purchase them at Eventbrite.com.
4) Neiman Marcus Cherry Creek Donna Karan Fall Trunk Show Wednesday, September 10 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. 3000 East 1st Avenue Designer Sportswear, Level Two
Everything old is new again. View the Donna Karan thirtieth anniversary collection built upon the seven easy pieces that started it all -- and Karan's tribute to New York. This is a don't-miss event if you need to add something to the closet for fall.
5) Neiman Marcus - Cherry Creek Burberry Fall Trunk Show Thursday, September 11 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. 3030 East First Avenue Designer Sportswear, Level Two Experience the World of Burberry with the fall collections from both Burberry Prorsum -- with its colorful, hand-painted finery -- and Burberry London, with its trenches, jackets and separates all in fall hues. A Burberry coat is the ultimate fall accessory; at this trunk show, you'll be sure to find one you fall in love with. Keep reading for five more fashion events. 6) Jewelry Night Out - WJA Colorado Thursday, September 18 6 to 9 p.m. Space Gallery 400 Santa Fe Drive
This James Bond-inspired cocktail party and art Installation will feature food, complimentary cocktails and a jewelry trunk show -- with portion of sales going to charities. It's open to WJA members, jewelry designers, jewelry retailers and jewelry lovers. Exhibitors include Amour Absolu, Andrea Li, Hyde Park Jewelers, John Atencio, KIR, Lindsay Bloom, Nina Nguyen, Samantha Louise, Starfish and Walters & Hogsett Fine Jewelers. Tickets are $20; purchase them at Eventbrite.com.
7) Celebrate Fashion Cherry Creek Friday, September 19 6 p.m. Fillmore Plaza
Celebrate a night of fashion in Cherry Creek North with in-store events throughout the district, followed by a world-class runway fashion show on Fillmore Plaza. The dhow will feature a selection of Cherry Creek North fashion and accessory boutiques; all proceeds will support the Denver Health Foundation, which raises funds to support patient care, medical research, facilities development, academic program enrichment, equipment purchases and professional education. Tickets start at $60; to purchase them, go to Denver Health Foundation.com.
8) Reading, Writing and a Wardrobe Fundraiser for Clothes to Kids Tuesday, September 23 Noon to 1 p.m. The Wellshire Inn 3333 South Colorado Boulevard
Clothes to Kids, which provides free new and quality-used clothing to students in need, will be hosting a luncheon to raise funds and let you know how you can help the Clothes to Kids program. Lunch is courtesy of Clothes to Kids; to RSVP, contact Valerie Lunka at 303-681-5054 or email@example.com.
9) FGI Denver Fall Trends Event Tuesday, September 23 6 to 8 p.m. Calypso St. Barth 105 Fillmore Street Suite 106
Join FGI Denver for a fall trends presentation at Calypso St. Barth. Enjoy cocktails and hors d'oeuvres while learning about the latest trends from Calypso, displayed on models from Wilhelmina Denver. Cocktails and networking from 6 to 6:30 p.m., presentation at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $25 for members and $40 for non-members; to purchase, go to Eventbrite.com.
10) TallGrass Aveda Spa and Salon Sixth Annual Hair and Fashion Show Wednesday, September 24 6 p.m. 997 Upper Bear Creek Road, Evergreen
At this Mad Hatter Tea Party, you won't get stuck forever at 6 o'clock. As you anticipate the 7:15 p.m. runway show, you'll be enjoying a cash bar, hors d'oeuvres, silent auction and wine pull. The guest with the best "Mad Hatter Tea Party" costume wins a TallGrass Body and Sole spa package valued at $150 to $170. Tickets range from $25 to $45 in advance (add $5 at the door); all proceeds benefit Evergreen Animal Protective League, Mt. Evans Home Health Care & Hospice's Camp Comfort and Mountain Area Land Trust. To purchase tickets and for more information, call TallGrass at 303-670-4444.
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.