Ashleigh Carter and Bill Eye founded Bierstadt Lagerhaus as a traditional German-style brewery in 2016. Long before that though, Chris Rippe had opened the Rackhouse Pub, attached to the Stranahan’s Colorado Whiskey distillery on South Kalamath Street. In 2015, Rippe relocated to RiNo, opening as the taproom for C Squared Ciders and Bierstadt Lagerhaus, both of which operated inside the same sprawling building that was once a bookbinding factory. The bar and restaurant float above the factory floor on a mezzanine level surrounded by copper brewing vessels and the aroma of fermenting beer. C Squared moved out in 2019, and the Rackhouse changed its name to Bierstadt Lagerhaus and merged with the brewery in 2020. The history is complicated, but the result is simple: one big brewery and restaurant called Bierstadt.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 2-10 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 12-11 p.m.; Sunday 12-9 p.m.
- Alcohol: Beer/Wine
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Parking: Lot available, On-street
- Extra Services: Private-group dining
- Alcoholic beverages to go
- Use restaurant website to order/pay