Standing out is tough in a city where beer drinkers can simply walk a few blocks from their front doors to find quality suds in a multitude of new breweries. Since opening in 2012, Black Shirt has drawn crowds by aiming for continuous improvement in its beer lineup and offering value-adds like a killer back patio complete with a stage for live bands and a pizza kitchen with food that’s far more than an afterthought. While founders Branden, Chad and Carissa Miller started with a red-ale theme, the brewery has managed to use these self-imposed restrictions to turn out some of the most creative and consistently excellent brews in town.
- Price: $, $$
- Hours: Daily 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
(Kitchen closes at 9 p.m.)
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Beer/Wine
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Parking: On-street
- Extra Services: Private-group dining
- Alcoholic beverages to go
- Curbside pickup
- Use restaurant website to order/pay