The Castle Cafe's been cooking since the 1890s. Under countless owners, this storefront eatery has been a gathering place for miners, ranchers, cowboys, drunks, locals, travelers and everyone in between. Today, it's also a destination for people who are addicted to authentic, Kansas City-style pan-fried chicken, which was introduced by the folks who bought the place in 1996. As you step through the door, the first thing you notice is the smell of chicken frying. The second, how comfortable and nicely worn everything is. The third, how quickly you can relax.
Courtesy Castle Cafe Facebook
- Price: $$
- Hours: Daily 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Parking: Lot available, On-street
- Extra Services: Private-group dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Gift cards for purchase