Perhaps no Mexican spot in the Mile High is as beloved as El Taco de Mexico, a no-frills joint that offers little in the way of ambience and even less in the way of service. But that hasn’t deterred the crowds that have been coming here since 1985 for tasty tacos and anything smothered in the lip-tingling green chile. In 2020, El Taco was honored by the James Beard Foundation as an American classic, a well-deserved honor.
Courtesy El Taco de Mexico Facebook
- Price: $
- Hours: Daily 7 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: No alcohol
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Parking: Lot available, On-street
- Extra Services: Catering
- Use restaurant website to order/pay