This Capitol Hill incarnation of the 9th Door — and the only surviving one — opened at the end of 2013, featuring the same menu of Spanish tapas created by veteran chef-consultant Michael Wahaltere at the Lodo location. The new space is cozier than the cavernous original but is decorated in similar coppery hues, dark woods and red accents. Although Wahaltere is no longer there, today's board includes a lot of his original creations. The menu is divided between hot and cold tapas, all of which combine such traditional ingredients as olives, ham and Manchego and goat cheeses, with varying levels of complexity and success. The best time to stop by this restaurant is during happy hour, when the bites and beverages are a steal.
- Price: $$$
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 4-10 p.m.
Friday-Saturday 4-10:30 p.m.
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Metered, On-street
- Extra Services: Catering, Private-group dining
- Alcoholic beverages to go
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Use restaurant website to order/pay