“The Pioneers” is the name for the University of Denver sports teams, and we think any frontiersman (or woman) would appreciate the hearty fare to be found at the Pioneer, a DU watering hole. The fare is bar food – but quality bar food, including respectable burgers, burritos, soups and salads, as well as some of the town’s best nachos, with every chip loaded with quality ingredients. And if you don’t feel like ordering off the extensive beer menu, we have just the thing to wash down your meal: the Boone margarita, named after DU’s embattled, unofficial mascot.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Sunday-Tuesday 12-10 p.m.
Wednesday-Thursday 12-11 p.m.
Friday-Saturday 12 p.m.-12 a.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Parking: Lot available, On-street
- Use restaurant website to order/pay