If you're going to SnowBall Music Festival this weekend, we're guessing you're already amped, having read our Bassnectar profile, our piece on Wear the Party and the Q&A we did with Dave Simonett of Trampled By Turtles, and no doubt you're full prepared for the elements, having absorbed our handy SnowBall Survival Guide. Before you get on the road, though, we've got one last thing for you before we head up there ourselves, an after party tipsheet. You see, the party doesn't stop when the festival ends. With that in mind, we've compiled a comprehensive list of the after parties going down in the mountains this weekend, so you can keep the shimmy-shimmy goin' well into the early hours. Pick one for each night, or go to them all, either way, be safe and party hard!
Please note that a festival wristband is required for entry to all late night events except the Official Kickoff Party at the Vilar Performing Arts Center.
Friday, March 2
- Eupohonic Conceptions presents RE:CREATION: Meltdown After Dark with MartyParty, AnaSia and Denver regular J.Wail at the Sandbar Sports Grill in Vail. (TICKETS: $25)
- Samana Lounge in Vail hosts Wolf + Lamb, Soul Clap, and Burn Unit. Festival wrist band is required for entry and this party is 21+. (TICKETS: $25)
- Elm&Oak and DenverMusicPR present Stephan Jacobs, Flashlights, ManCub, Raw Russ, Hollagramz and Mista Mista at Montana's in Avon.
- Agave hosts Diplo, Cassian and Pictureplane in Avon, just west of the festival towards Beaver Creek. (TICKETS: $35 General Admission, $50 VIP)
- Loaded Joes in Avon presents Helicopter Showdown, CobraConda and Omega & T. Huxtable. (TICKETS: $20)
Saturday, March 3
- Eupohonic Conceptions presents RE:CREATION: Meltdown After Dark with Gramatik, SuperVision, Half Color (Paul Basic and Michal Menert, and Mo Rockin at the Sandbar Sports Grill. (TICKETS: $25)
- Mo&Friends, Snowball and Swaager present Figure, DallasK, THiCK ChiCK, Mo:Rockin, Skywalker, RodWay, Proper Motion and Janksta at Montana's in Avon. (TICKETS: $20)
- Samana Lounge presents Plastic Plates, Pictureplane, Steffi Graf, Guns in the Sun Deejays, Bixel Boys and Peter Blick. This party is 21+.
- Burton brings Dada Life, Dillon Francis, and special guest Cherub to Agave in Avon. This party is 21+. (TICKETS: $35 General Admission, $50 VIP)
- Loaded Joes presents Robotic Pirate Monkey, Crushendo and Mikey Thunder. (TICKETS: $20)
- Bearfish Bar and Grill in West Vail presents DUBSKIN at this 21+, $10 after party.
Sunday, March 4
- Eupohonic Conceptions presents RE:CREATION: Meltdown After Dark with Michal Menert, Minnesota, GRiZ, Satori of Beats Antique and FoCo bass-in-the-hole Vinnie Maniscalco at the Sandbar Sports Grill. (TICKETS: $25)
- Loaded Joes presents Break Science, Afroman, Smalltown DJs, Human Agency, Tatanka, and Ape Tit. (TICKETS: $20)
Follow Backbeat on Twitter: @westword_music
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.