Internet Pinball Database
They're like themed slot machines, but with less crying...usually. Today we look at some tables based on our favorite musicians.
10. The Who Yes, yes, let's just get it out of the way. The Who has actually had two different tables dedicated to it, both of them in reference to Tommy. The first was a Bally table put out to coincide with the 1975 film version of the album. The second was made by Data East in 1994 to help promote the stage version of Tommy. A prototype of one of these actually appeared in the 1993 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
9. The Beatles One of the oldest rock-and-roll tables is the Beat Time table from 1966. It was originally put together with the band's name spelled as "The Bootles," pending final approval of use of the name, but 1967 models and later have the proper name and more accurate likenesses of the group.
Internet Pinball Database Internet Pinball Database Internet Pinball Database
Story continues on the next page.
5. Metallica There are three different Metallica tables, although why anyone at this point in their life would need to have three different versions of 21st-century Metallica to choose from in a game setting, I will never know. Try out the Master of Puppets table. It's the one that makes you least feel like a douchebag for playing it.
4. KISS C'mon, everyone who clicked on this link knew for an absolute fact that there had to be a KISS pinball machine. There sure is, and it's a pretty damned successful table, all things told. Bally started making them in the '70s, and they remained a regular catalogue item through the '80s.
Internet Pinball Database Internet Pinball Database
1. Guns 'N Roses Easily my favorite, and a hard one to find, is the 1994 Guns table from Data East. Don't worry, it's not the Use Your Illusion Guns, but all those hard Appetite songs we first fell in love with. Plus, I always got a kick out of the rose handle. Fun fact: The table contains an outtake from Use Your Illusion 1 called "Ain't Going Down," which is actually the track's only official release. Just one of the many reasons this table tops of the list.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!