There are many places where you can give thanks for Denver's growing fashion scene this month. Get an an early start on gift-buying at Fancy Tiger's employee showcase, Fancy Made, or at the new L.L. Bean outlet. And you can also give back by shopping at Dress for Success Denver's second-chance sale. Keep reading for our ten best fashion events this month.
10) Kork-Ease Footwear Pop-Up Shop Through November 30, with a Mod Reception November 15 Buffalo Exchange 51 Broadway
For November, the gallery at Buffalo Exchange has been transformed into a '60s, Biba-inspired Kork-Ease Pop-Up Boutique. At this exclusive concept shop, visitors can experience the iconic Kork-Ease platform shoe, as well as new styles from the brand's Fall 2014 Collection. A party from 6 to 9 p.m. on Saturday, November 15 will celebrate mod fashion; the event will be filmed for a music video, scheduled for release early in 2015. For more information, visit korkease.com.
9) Herve Leger Trunk Neiman Marcus - Cherry Creek 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, November 5 3030 East First Avenue
Experience the seductive bandage dress and Max Azria's fresh fall takes on the classic, including jacquard prints and beading details. New this season as well are novelty pieces and separates, all in Leger's famous body-conscious fabrics.
8) Citizens of Humanity Trunk Show Noon to 8 p.m. Thursday, November 6 Blush 1411 Larimer Street
Blush, a fashion boutique on Larimer Square, will celebrate its eleventh anniversary with cocktails and a special Citizens of Humanity trunk show. Customers can get custom fittings Citizen's director of sales, discounts, gifts with purchase and the chance to enter a raffle to win a free pair of jeans from Citizens of Humanity. For more information, go to Blush.com or call 303-399-7779.
7) Causes A Lined: Couture for Casa 6-10 p.m. Thursday, November 6 A Line Boutique 5375 Landmark Pl #107, Greenwood Village
This spectacular event will include a live auction, a "Fashion Face Off" featuring CASA patrons styled by the A Line team, and an evening of private shopping. Select and purchase a special ornament from the A Line tree, and your donation will help CASA kids get rooted in our community. The mission of Denver CASA is to advocate for the best interests of abused and neglected children in Denver Juvenile Court through the services of specially selected and trained community volunteers from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds. Tickets are $50 and can be purchased at Eventbrite.com.
6) Denver Fashion Weekend Thursday, November 13 through Sunday, November 16 City Hall Amphitheater 1144 Broadway Denver's largest fashion show, Denver Fashion Weekend, is back with its well-curated lineup of fashion designers, stylists and artists. Th four-day event features local boutiques and designers including Stephanie O and Inspyre Boutique, as well as outdoor wear from Burton. It closes with a cocktail party and hair show showing the stylings of Swank, Halo and Denver's own Charlie Price. Doors for the show open at 7 p.m. Sunday, November 16; tickets start at $18 and can be purchased at Eventbrie.com. Keep reading for five more fashion events in November. 5) Fancy Made Fancy Tiger Clothing 6-9 p.m. Friday, November 14 55 Broadway
Fancy Tiger is celebrating the talents of its creative employees with a "Fancy Made" evening featuring many of the designs found at Fancy Tiger Clothing, ranging from wearable art to home goods. Check out designs from Matthew Brown, the co-founder of Fancy Tiger; Sale Hale Brown, creating under the name Love Ticket; assistant manager Nathan Hall, who's the jewelry designer of N by Nathan Hall; shop manager Becky Wareing Steele's Becky's Buttons, and Kate Wingrove, who will debut her line, Mercury Design Lab.
4) Second Chance Sale Dress for Success Denver Friday, November 14-16 Act II Consignment 1244 East Colfax Avenue
Dress for Success Denver already hosted a boutique sale that raised over $32,000 for the organization -- and there's a lot of product left, as well as more pieces being donated all the time. These items will be offered in the Second Chance Sale at Act II Consignment. All of the money earned from the sale will directly benefit women who come to Dress for Success Denver to get back on their feet with interview attire and job skills.
3) Michael Kors Trunk Show Neiman Marcus - Cherry Creek 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, November 20 3030 East First Avenue
At this don't-miss trunk show, you can view the Michael Kors Resort 2015 Collection that melds the tomboyish and the romantic. AsKors said at his runway show, "It shouldn't be called Resort -- it should be called Destinations."
2) Akomplice Clothing/Ride Snowboards Fall 2014 Snowboard Capsule Collection Thursday, November 20 On-line only
The Liberty brothers are at it again, this time with a collaboration between Akomplice and Ride Snowboards. The winter capsule collection was tested in the outdoors of Patagonia, Argentina; take a look for yourself when the line goes online November 20 at Akomplice Clothing.com.
1) L.L. Bean Grand Opening 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday, November 21 Park Meadows Shopping Center 8525 Park Meadows Drive, Lone Tree
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Westword's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Denver's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
L.L. Bean is coming to Colorado: The Park Meadows mall will have 13,000 square footage of retail space packed with L.L. Bean's signature active wear and other items to meet your outdoor needs. This location will also have an Outdoor Discovery School where you can learn how to paddleboard or snowboard.