Photos: New Year's Eve at 5 Degrees, Shag Lounge, the Warlock Pinchers, STS9, Suite 200
Back at work this morning but not quite ready for it? Perhaps you're mourning the Broncos' season. At least you're not a Rams fan; last night's collapse was much worse than an entire season of abject failure. Anyway, kill some time by checking out our weekend coverage.
- On Friday night, New Year's Eve had an Egyptian theme during the White Rose Gala at the DTC Hyatt. See what we mean with our slideshow by Jonathan Shoup.
- Sound Tribe Sector 9 rounded out a three-day stay in Denver on New Year's Eve with a sold-out show at the Fillmore. Teal Nipp brings back these photos.
- 5 Degrees was, uh, pretty chill on New Year's Eve, as you can see from the photo above. See the entire 5 Degrees on New Year's Eve slideshow by Aaron Thackeray.
- At Theory + Practice, A New Year Underground went down and Amber Taufen brings back her review of the show: A New Year Underground at Theory + Practice.
- The Shag Lounge was giving out free bottles of champagne on New Year's Eve. Check out the the photos here: New Year's Eve at the Shag Lounge.
- Also on New Year's Eve, Denver's infamous Warlock Pinchers got together again for a show at the Gothic Theatre. See all the photos.
- Things were noticeably dressier at Suite 200 on NYE. See the photos here: New Year's Eve at Suite 200.
- Those who weren't partied through or danced-out on New Year's Day went to Beta where legendary Chicago DJ Bad Boy Bill performed. See all the photos: Bad Boy Bill at Beta.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Westword's biggest stories.
- Dakota Holand's Back Tat Spells Out His Name for Cops Investigating Kidnapping
Mon., Aug. 31, 7:00pm
Thu., Sep. 3, 6:40pm
Thu., Sep. 3, 7:00pm
Thu., Sep. 3, 7:00pm
- One Reader's Very Personal "You Know You're From Denver When" Top Ten
- Update: Interstate 25 Reopens After Officer-Involved Crash