Happy Colorado Day! Dip Into John Hickenlooper's Bucket List
Colorado State Capitol
Happy Colorado Day! On August 1, 1876, Colorado became the 38th state of the union. In honor of the occasion, there will be celebrations across Colorado today — including a free day at History Colorado featuring performing pigs as well as a ceremony at the State Capitol complete with a demonstration of square dancing, Colorado's official dance.
To observe this august day, we're regifting John Hickenlooper's bucket list, with fifteen Colorado activities that he first packaged up for us four years ago. They all still sound mighty tempting.
Governor John Hickenlooper's Bucket List
15. Gorge on corn at the Olathe Sweet Corn Festival.
14. Ride the historic Kit Carson County Carousel in Burlington.
13. Try a pint at a brewery in Fort Collins, Durango, Denver, Colorado Springs and everywhere in between.
12. Enjoy a summer show at the Creede Repertory Theatre.
11. Meditate at Naropa University in Boulder.
10. Hike to Hanging Lake in Glenwood Canyon.
9. Eat a peach (or a pie) at the Palisade Peach Festival.
Denver Outlaws / Major League Lacrosse All Star Game
TicketsSat., Dec. 29, 6:00pm
8. Celebrate the banjo — and other fine instruments — at the Telluride Bluegrass Festival.
Keep reading for seven more items on Hickenlooper's bucket list.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Denver, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.