Instead of the product review we usually run in this spot, we're getting back to our roots and taking a look at the creative ways that people make bongs out of household objects. These are the true Stoner MacGyvers of the world. Below are our ten favorite homemade bongs on the internet that we would (probably) never smoke out of.
10. The Box Bong It looks like someone duct-taped together a few plexiglass pieces and put a Big Gulp straw on the other end. But it utilized duct tape, so it had to be included. No doubt the amount of water this thing takes makes it feel like chugging a bong hit out of a bathtub.
9. The "Matrix" This is basically three water bottles interconnected and duct-taped to a blue plastic main chamber. Though the complexity is there, this thing looks more like a biological weapon than a water pipe.
8. OJ Bottle with Ash Catcher What makes this stand out is the nice blown-glass bowl its owner drilled into the lid of the small glass jar that makes up the ash catcher. That contraption is connected to the clear jug with a custom-bent metal tube sealed with plumber tape and a few gromets. Judging by the workshop in the background, I bet it took this guy about two minutes to put this thing together.
7. Acid Waste Ah, the salvage job. Notice the blown-glass tube of this bong that has been recycled using a lot of PVC and some ring clamps. Although it looks multi-chamber, that's actually just one long reservoir of water at the bottom. Best of all, if you hide this near the hot water heater pipes of your house, people won't notice it and laugh at you.
6. Super Smoker Melting toy plastic aside, I'd be more concerned that if you pump the handle it would cause the bowl to whale spout with water. Party foul, dude.
5. Mother of the Year No telling whether the person who made this is dealing with inner-child issues or simply has a nipple fetish.
4. Ice Chamber This seems like a good idea, and it earns an A+ for creativity. But what these folks didn't realize is that after the first hit the entire tube turns into stinky, frozen bongwater.
3. Weird Science Admit it: This is exactly what you were thinking about in science class back in high school. That's a test tube drilled through a Pyrex flask with a sawed-off beaker jammed into the top for the tube. Add to that the carved wooden bowl, and this is truly a Stoner MacGyver masterpiece (and one we would actually consider hitting).
2. ??? Even with the diagram, I can't figure this fucking thing out. It's like an overly technical, not as functional Volcano vape I think, but it could also be a strange musical instrument as best as I can tell.
1. Plastic Multi Perc After you're done laughing your ass off take a second to admire the sheer magnitude of this undertaking. Blowing a pipe like this in glass would probably take less time than this person put into making sure the seals on every one of those straws making up the multiple perc showerheads. Part of me wanted to try it just to see how well the kid pulled it off, but then I looked over at my real multi-perc glass piece and forgot all about that plastic thing.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Support your local glass blowers, friends.
We can't guarantee all products sent in will be reviewed here at Stoner MacGyver, but if you've got something you think is the greatest invention since sliced pot-bread, send us an e-mail at email@example.com.