December 31, 2016 | 6:07am
In 2016, art imitated life. It was messy and beautiful, simultaneously serving as an escape from the world and a reflection of it. And our readers appreciated all of it.
Here are the ten most popular arts stories from the past year, along with links.
1. The Lantern Festival Is Coming to Metro Denver in April
Robert Redford and Jane Fonda will star in Our Souls at Night, which is being filmed in the Centennial State.
2. Update: Open Casting Call for Robert Redford and Jane Fonda's Colorado Movie
The best tattoo artists in Denver have marked talents.
3. The Twenty Best Tattoo Artists in Denver — 2016 Edition
4. The Ten Best Places to Play Pokemon Go in Denver
5. Denver Is Drowning in Awful Architecture: Here Are the Hateful Eight
Devoted gamers at the opening of Akihabara Bar
6. Akihabara Arcade and Bar Combines Craft Beer and Game Consoles in Westminster
Celebrate the pretty amazing place we live in with a winter hike.
Photo courtesy of Steven Bratman on Flickr
7. The Ten Best Winter Hikes in Colorado
8. Twelve Reasons Why Denver Is the Best Place to Live in the U.S.
Stapleton is a long and unwinding road.
9. Seven Things That Make Stapleton Residents Really, Really Mad
The Denver skyline as seen from Mizu Izakaya's patio.
10. Six Things That Make Highland Residents Really, Really Mad