Brunch is the most amusing meal of the weekend, but it also has a higher calling. The mid-morning meal was invented by English writer Guy Beringer with one purpose: to cure a hangover. (People really knew how to party in the late 1800s). Since its invention, brunch has gotten another name, Sunday Recovery, and in cities around the world, people have become faithful fans of their own particular culinary cures. This Sunday, December 8, they'll have another choice in Denver: the Matt Foodie Call Catering Company will offer a pop-up contender.
See also: The ten best brunch spots in Denver
Foodie Call may sound like a funny name for a business, but Matt McClusky takes his work very seriously. Although his main focus with Foodie Call is catering parties and weddings, McClusky also offers a monthly pop-up brunch -- with food to-go only.
Brunch items will be available for take-out from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, December 8 at the Foodie Call tasting room at 1432 East 22nd Avenue; there's no alcohol, but plenty of caffeine courtesy Denver roasters Commonwealth Coffee. And the menu alone is enough to make you rise and shine. Take a look:
• chicken and waffles • buttermilk fried chicken, belgian waffle, pure maple $10
• homemade biscuits and gravy • sausage & herb gravy, oven potatoes, 2 eggs $8
• caramelized apple french toast casserole • ginger whiskey cream $8
• chilaquiles • fresh-fried tortilla strips, black beans, salsa verde, jack & queso fresco, 2 eggs $7 (gluten-free) add shredded chicken +$2
• steel-cut oatmeal casserole• cherries, apricots, almonds, maple syrup $6 (gluten and dairy-free)
• breakfast bombs • filling in phyllo pastry w/ cheddar dipping sauce - egg, bacon, potato - egg, black bean, roasted peppers, spinach $3 each
• fresh carrot, apple, & ginger juice • $4 (16oz)
For more information, call 303-345-4008.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!