Though most of the weekend's snow has disappeared from metro Denver, Santa had no problem parking his sleigh here. There's still plenty of time for kids to have their photos taken with Mr. Claus; here are eight great spots where kids can share their wish list and get a selfie with Saint Nick.
8) Santa on the Square Larimer Square December 20-21, December 24 This fantastic Santa is centrally located in downtown Denver -- in the middle of a great shopping/dining district. Stop by with your camera for a wonderful outdoor photo opportunity with Saint Nick; pictures with him are free. Have a friendly pooch? This Santa welcomes dogs for holiday portraits, too.
7) Photos with Santa Cherry Creek Shopping Center During mall hours through December 23 Visit this Santa at his big throne any time during the mall's hours of operation for a professional photo. Throughout the week, Santa will also be accompanied by various characters from Frozen inside of his Ice Palace.
6) Visit with Santa Aspen Grove December 20- 21 Meet up with Santa for a photo at this decorated, outdoor shopping area. You can also enjoy the holiday sounds of the Original Dickens Carolers as they stroll the mall.
5) Santa Photo Experience Southlands Shopping Center December 16-21, December 23 If you're looking for an authentic experience, the Santa at Southlands boasts a real fuzzy white beard. Get your picture taken in a snap with this Kris Kringle stationed inside his own wonderland six days a week. Keep reading for four more places to see Santa Claus. 4) Santa's Station Union Station December 20 & December 23 As Denver's downtown transportation hub, Union Station is always bustling with festive folks, Santa included. Enjoy a moment with the jolly fellow while taking in the ambiance of this revitalized historic station.
3) Photos with Santa Park Meadows Shopping Center During mall holiday hours through December 24 Get your holiday shopping done while your kids are having professional photos taken with this quality Santa. You'll also get a chance to enjoy the holiday decorations; Park Meadows' lodge look has been enhanced with garland and lights.
2) Free photo with Santa Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World at Northfield Stapleton Store hours through December 24 This might be the most popular Santa on our list, so plan on spending a few hours at Bass while you wait for your free photo op. but there's plenty to do, including visiting Santa's Wonderland and enjoying arts and crafts, a carousel, an arcade and so much more.
1) Santa's Headquarters Flatiron Crossing Shopping center hours through December 24 Step inside Santa's magical observatory for a prime holiday photo opportunity. While you're there, test yourself with the Naughty or Nice O'Meter, try out Elf-Ray Vision and enjoy other fun and games inside Santa's Headquarters. Sign up to see this Kris Kringle in advance by registering for a spot online.
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.